Sunday, April 11, 2021

Pollen

Rain fell overnight but the sun had emerged by breakfast.   Pollen coated the flat water in the creek.  Nothing much happened while I read the paper.  Crows gathered again and I think they disapproved of my new feeder arrangement.  A red bellied woodpecker had no problem.  The hickory buds opened. 

A skink slipped through a crack before I was ready, but in a little while it emerged again.  Bumblebees and paper wasps were busy.  I saw a tiger and a black swallowtail and, of course, cabbage whites.  The purple iris had three flowers.  Some azalea buds had opened.  The sky was hazy with additional cumulus clouds flowing by on a West wind that pushed the temperature over 80.  

A sparrow kept its back to me so I don't know if it was a song sparrow or an immature white throat.   A brown thrasher stayed behind vegetation.  An egret showed the green skin around the beak that means it's ready to mate.  It was fishing successfully. 


No comments:

Post a Comment