Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Cooler

Nevertheless, I saw a dragonfly, a butterfly, and many flies.  Pollinators buzzed around the dogwood, but I don't know if they were bees or something else.  A paper wasp gnawed on a daylily stalk from last year.  A skink slipped along the retaining wall. 

Some of the new oak leaves were very reddish but others were golden.  The one dogwood that has bracts that stick too tightly was again full of box-like flowers.  The rust problem on the cedar was back.  The purple iris sent up buds.  So did azaleas. 

A juvenile pelican fished in the creek.  A brown thrasher hid from me and a blue jay spied on me.  The brown headed nuthatch and the downy woodpecker argued over the suet but I was too close to move the camera without spooking them both.  The nuthatch lost.  




No comments:

Post a Comment