Saturday, September 24, 2022

Chilly water

A cardinal started nibbling on beautyberries.  His slightly orange crimson was not harmoneous with the fuchsia berries.  I noticed that the dog apparently cannot roll over on his back. 

I tackled the mess in the pool though the water temperature had dropped considerably.  It was mostly vegetation but I saved a few wasps, crickets, beetles, and a honeybee.  A little frog that was hiding under the leaves in the skimmer hopped frantically away, bumping into things.  A red spotted purple fluttered over the water.  I got so cold after the pool was in shade that I gave up. 

Afterward, as I dripped and tried to warm up in the sun, a hummer flew right up to me and glared from about six inches away.  It had a few red feathers on its throat.  I concluded that the sugar water must have gone bad.  I wondered if the hummer had just arrived, helped along by Fiona's winds.  


No comments:

Post a Comment