Thursday, September 22, 2022

Equinox

I woke up early and was outside in time to see the waning crescent moon precede sunrise.  

By afternoon, Fiona's storm clouds had eaten up the sky and the wind had grown very gusty, but it was still hot.  I tore a bit off the big fungus which was tough and leathery.  The underside looked sort of pore-like, but ragged. My best guess is Bondarzewia berkeleyi.  Something left a pile of what looked like cooked berries nearby.  

The clouds looked so threatening that I left the camera inside while I was in the pool.  Thus I took no pictures of the spider, beetles, frog, or skink that I retrieved from the water.  The wind had blown lots of leaves and detritus into the water.   Shortly after I got out, the rain started.  

Later, the clouds broke up.  I saw a heron and egrets on the creek. 


No comments:

Post a Comment