Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Nuthatches

I was marveling at how the demographics of the yard have changed.  The only nuthatches I used to see were the red breasted winter migrants that only came some years.  This year all summer there have been brown headed and white breasted nuthatches.  I'm not sure why the yard attracted them. 

Anyway, the nuthatches and the other seed eaters were all squabbling when something spooked them all.  One bird that flew away had a bright yellow feather on each side of its fanned out tail.  I have no idea what it was.  

Meanwhile, the hummers told me to replace their juice.  For once they hadn't finished it off which made me suspicious.  Sure enough, the remainder in the refrigerator had gone moldy.  So I had to make fresh and the hummers got very impatient. 

A frog in the skimmer was very persistent about getting into the water.  I caught it and sent it away but it probably returned after I went indoors.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment