Monday, September 26, 2022

Cold water

An outrageous squirrel sat right outside, on our furniture, eating a pecan off our tree, leaving pieces of hull and shell all over. Shameless!  The camera betrayed me when I tried to get pictures of a brown headed nuthatch.

When I went outside with the dog, I saw a blue dasher perched on a dried gladiolus stalk.  Between the gusty wind and the low humidity, it wasn't very welcoming weather for dragonflies.  A dark butterfly flitted around, probably a black swallowtail. 

I was tired of the mess Fiona left behind and I stayed in the pool till I got all the leaves out.  One leaf was a bullfrog.  Other than that, all I found were a few small wasps.  An egret flew upstream.  I found twigs with hackberries attached amongst the soggy leaves.  The red aster was beginning to get the hang of blooming and the sunflower decided to try again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment