Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Beautiful day

The sky was clear and there was a nice breeze with not too much humidity.  I think there were a dozen flowers on the hibiscus.  The beautyberry was blooming too, not that you could tell. A fledgling finch sat of the roof begging to be fed.  It was itchy with new feathers.  

I glimpsed an orange butterfly but it showed no interest in the milkweed.  A dark butterfly ignored the rue.  But the skippers were happy with the mountain mint.  A spider scampered across the patio to tell me I was in the way.  I thought it was a woodlouse hunter but it was too pale. The orchard orb weaver was still in the same web. 

I found a brown click beetle in the house and took it back outside.  It clicked for me several times.  As I sat outdoors in the twilight, a male hummer made several visits to the feeder.


No comments:

Post a Comment