Thursday, May 7, 2015

Long time, no see

A titmouse and a male towhee visited the seed feeder this morning, along with the regulars.  The male goldfinch got a drink form the hummer feeder.  The hummer did too, but she got juice, not water.  The brown thrasher was busy around the camellia.  I heard jays, geese, and wrens.  In fact, I heard honking geese throughout the night through the open windows. The sun shone through clouds.  Bees bumbled about.  An egret stalked along the bulkhead. 

At lunch time, I was outside tuning hotdogs and listening to a towhee up in a tree in the front yard.  A sort of echo was coming from the back yard cherry.  The male towhee flew back to the cherry to investigate.  Out popped a mockingbird that fled into the trees.  Meanwhile the wrens carried on with their house and a jay flew by squalling.  Later while we were eating, a bird tried to get into the wren house.  I suspect it was a cowbird.  It did not fit through the hole. 

There was a gorgeous smoky sunset with lots of rose and gold.  Just before dark, I got around to planting the moon flower seeds I'd soaked.  I threw them all in one hole as they were "packed for 2013," and who knows if any will germinate.


No comments:

Post a Comment