Friday, May 29, 2015

Warm

The sky cleared as the morning wore on.  I rescued beetles, two spiders of the fishing/wolf/grass persuasion, and a leaf legged bug.  The birds don't recognize me as a threat in the pool so I see more.  The wren that trills was singing in the hackberry.  A yellow crowned night heron preened on a piling.  Swallows sang as they hunted bugs.  A hummer came after I got out but veered off. 

During lunch I saw lots of dragonflies. A dark butterfly, probably a black swallowtail but over by the cherry, and a cabbage white flitted around. 

I saw a head sticking up on the osprey platform at Lake Smith.  Some swallows hunted over 64 as we sat in traffic.  Large dark birds perched on a cell tower near Willoughby, buzzards perhaps.  As I neared the HRBT, the temperature dropped and crows gave way to gulls.  I met an advancing front at the Chickahominy and there was torrential rain north of Richmond.  Clouds were very dramatic all afternoon but the sun returned over the Blue Ridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment