Monday, May 11, 2015

Rain

Tropical storm depression Ana arrived in the night.  The rain at breakfast was gentle with little wind.  A Carolina wren came for mealworms, but I hadn't put any out.

When I got back from the pool, a hummer was hungry enough to ignore the rain.  An orb spiderweb captured the fine raindrops.

Breaks appeared in the cloud cover a little before 3pm and wildlife hurried to take advantage.  I saw first a male, then a female skink.  Sun, clouds, and wind gusts alternated.  A squirrel figured how to raid the basket-o-worms.   

The sun sparkle on water drops is very hard to capture in a photo - I speculate that the shimmer requires motion and the camera freezes it.  All I could get was a color-haloed hot spot. 

The clouds were still thick at sunset which blazed from behind the upstream pines.  In the twilight, a busy titmouse made repeated visits to the sunflowers.  The regulars were also chowing down. 


No comments:

Post a Comment