Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sunny and hot

As I wandered out to the kitchen to start breakfast, a fox was crossing the yard.  It was gone before the camera warmed up. The squirrels appeared soon after and did not seem perturbed.  We had the windows open and lots of birdsong filled the morning.  The cardinals were still making up.

At lunch time skinks were all over the patio.  One heaved itself up from a narrow crack that was quite a struggle.  The house wrens were busy.  I saw a silver spotted skipper and another dark butterfly.

Coming back from my meeting, I saw two mockingbirds chasing a crow that was fleeing as fast as it could fly.  I spotted several other mockingbirds on patrol along the way.

We ate supper outside and titmice wanted some too, but not with us.  Finally deer flies drove me inside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment