Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sunshine and thunderheads

A fox plodded past us at breakfast, headed home after an night of hunting I suppose.   Titmice and a hummer visited in the middle of the morning.  The wrens came and went and a couple of blue jays passed through.  A cabbage white flitted around.  Then I ran around on errands and saw a great blue heron soar across the road.  A fledgling chickadee huddled outside the florist.

Lunch was hand-held and sticky so naturally lots of birds showed up while I couldn't touch the camera.  A downy woodpecker apparently hoped for more suet, but not in this heat.  A white breasted nuthatch came just once for a seed.  The titmice were back along with the regulars.  Chickadees have been getting drinks from the birdbath.  Osprey alighted in the pines across the creek after I'd washed my hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment