Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sunshine

The wind and rain ended and gave way to a gorgeous dawn and a beautiful day.  I spent too much of it inside.  Nevertheless, I saw white throats at breakfast and skinks at lunch.  I hung the birdhouse again and, while doing so, saw an orange butterfly, either a comma or a question mark.  I didn't have my camera so I have only memory to go on.  The hummer visited at lunch. A pair of geese visited with at least four goslings. 

Later in the afternoon, a goldfinch pair visited the feeder but a male house finch pushed the female goldfinch off the perch.  And the male goldfinch just kept stuffing his face.  A Carolina wren hopped around the rosemary and I may have seen a house wren over by the birdhouse.  A grackle chased a cardinal.  Strange behaviors. The blue flag iris have begun to bloom. 

The moon looked nearly full after being hidden by clouds for several nights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment