Friday, May 8, 2015

Sunny start didn't last

A cardinal's complaint woke me at dawn - the Sunflower Cafe was still closed.  After breakfast, the male towhee showed up to forage in the mulch.  I cleaned the birdbath yesterday in expectation of rain that did not arrived, so I suppose I should add water. I scattered some mealworms and put some in the little basket I hung.  They caught in a spider web to the spider's disgust.

We went out to celebrate at a restaurant on the bay and while we ate the sky clouded.  Then we stopped to buy herbs.   At home, a Carolina wren discovered my basket-o-worms.  Rain fell on me as I planted lavender for the hummers and parsley for the cooks (and swallowtails).  However the rain was scarcely more than a mist and may be insufficient for the newly planted.  I wanted to get marigold and chive seeds in too.  The rue was loaded with little caterpillars.


No comments:

Post a Comment