Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Possums and foxes!

There was a sprinkle when I left home at an hour I'm usually asleep. The birds were singing to wake the sun.  But when I got to Norfolk It was like being thrown into a shower.  I had 20 feet to cross and I was soaked.  But it was over an hour and a half later and the cloud cover was getting thin spots.

As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I saw a mockingbird and a crow about a yard apart on a wire, glaring at each other.  The crow tried to fly off and the mocker bopped it.  Then the crow hid behind a street sign but the mocker was not fooled.  They flew over me and the crow landed in the street while the mockingbird lit on a branch above.  I had to leave while they were still at it.

The sun shone sporadically and the day warmed into the 70s.  In the afternoon, two opossums drank from the pool cover puddle.  I saw an orange butterfly.  As dusk was falling, two foxes walked under my window.  Something I'm guessing was a muskrat swam very fast and disappeared under the dock.  After dark, when I went out to brick the feeder, I thought I smelled skunk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment