Sunday, April 30, 2017

Warm wind

A blue jay got a drink at breakfast.  A goldfinch got a drink from the oversized ant moat protecting the hummer feeder. K saw a hummer at the front yard feeder but I did not see any in back.  I did glimpse an osprey soaring and an egret fishing.  However, the wind grounded a lot of fliers. A family of geese with three goslings waddled up to the pool cover.  The goslings seemed to be either very attached to each other or trying to establish a pecking order.

The female goldfinch returned at lunch.  A blue tailed skink paused in the sun.  As usual, there was an egret fishing below the dam. 

A brown thrasher, I think, sang and sang in the afternoon, but I never saw him.  I did see, but failed to photograph, a downy woodpecker and a tufted titmouse.  A young fox came to the door but my reaching for the camera spooked it.  Later, a turtle trundled along the edge of the pool walkway.  I suppose it was looking for a good nest site. 


No comments:

Post a Comment