Monday, May 1, 2017

Very windy

The wind shoved clouds off to the North.  It was tough on all flying creatures. Still, both a male and a female goldfinch showed up. The male was not quite completely finished changing to summer plumage.  A chickadee had a vigorous bath.  A male hummer battled the wind to drink from the Mexican sage.  A yellow crowned night heron watched for crabs along the creek bank.  They wag their bodies when they are about to pounce.  I chased off the geese with five goslings.  I saw the bluebirds several times but only got photos once . 


Dragonflies zoomed around and banged on windows.  One finally perched long enough for a photo.  I think it was a female slaty skimmer.  .  A snout butterfly rested on a hackberry leaf that was flailing in the wind.  When I was running an errand, I was very startled by a sizable jumping spider on the window.  It took me a minute to be certain it was on the outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment