Monday, May 15, 2017

Blue sky

When I woke up there were clouds all over the sky but they cleared off quickly leaving intense blue.  It was cool and breezy on the front patio where I sat to watch the bluebirds.  The jasmine flowers smelled heavenly.  Then a hawk swooped into the pecan.

Wasps and orange butterflies were out in the sun in the back yard.  Geese led their goslings along the creek.  A solitary sandpiper landed on the dock but was so fidgety, I couldn't catch up.  I saw a blue jay in the cherry.

As I returned from the library, I saw the bluebird pick up a worm off the sidewalk.  Bumblebees worked on the wild indigo.  A female hummer visited the feeder in back.  And later while I ate supper, so did a female goldfinch.

A family of mallards headed downstream while a yellow crowned night heron stalked along the water's edge. The day never got as warm as I'd hoped, but it stayed clear to sunset. 


No comments:

Post a Comment