Monday, May 22, 2017

Humid with dragonflies

It was warmer than yesterday, but very overcast.  Dragonflies feasted on abundant small flies: midges, gnats, and mosquitoes.  A great blue skimmer rested on the rosemary.  I sat out on the front patio till sprinkles sent me in.  A pair of bluebirds landed on the nestbox and seemed to be discussing it.  But I didn't have the camera and they flew off and I didn't see them again.  A swallow zoomed past, seeking the same bugs as the dragonflies. 

The squirrel with only half a tail tried his best to get into the seed feeder.  He finally stretched so far he lost his grip on the roof and tumbled off headfirst.  A female common whitetail lurked in the mulch after lunch. I glimpsed a house wren inspecting the bluebird nestbox.  Then we had a thunderstorm.  Afterward, I did some pool cleaning and rescued many spiders.


No comments:

Post a Comment