Monday, May 29, 2017

Hazy

The cardinals were billing again.  I don't think they coo.  The haze made the egret by the dam appear to be in fog.  A hummer had breakfast.

It turned out to be a lovely day, albeit with a white sky, but I missed too much of it.  I finally got outside after 4pm and got wet.  Spiders needed rescuing.  Swallows flew over the pool.  I saw a couple of dragonflies and a butterfly.  A wren sang loudly from various spots as it circled the yard. 

When I got out, a brown thrasher performed at the top of the oak.  Titmice were everywhere but I think they were dodging their greedy fledglings.  A couple of red bellied woodpeckers also played chase through the leaves.  The female hummer made many visits to her feeder throughout the day.  I acquired a couple of very itchy bites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment