Friday, May 12, 2017

More rain

The rain fell harder today.  The birds looked soggy and it wasn't warm either.  A titmouse was almost unrecognizable and a cardinal not much better.  But, mercifully, there wasn't much wind.  Bluebirds continued to bring bugs to the nest box.

The rain briefly became mist at lunch time and K swapped the flying-saucer-shaped hummingbird feeder for the cheap one that actually seems to function better in rain.  Also, the top of the saucer was daubed with guano.  A hummer came to feed in mid afternoon but I missed it.

I did see a brown thrasher toward evening, but it saw me too.  At supper two titmice and a pair of cardinals devoured seeds as though they were starving.  I suspect the titmice were mates, but they looked the same to me.  The cardinals definitely were - he tried to feed her but that over-weighted the perch and spoiled the romance.  And the light was poor and the glass streaky with rain so no photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment