Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Watching bluebirds

Titmice came for breakfast and a drink.  The neighbors' magnolia had a couple of blossoms.  The clematis was finished and the jasmine was beginning to bloom.  All the potted plants seemed to be doing well.  After lunch, I saw a crow harassing a buzzard, which was just mean. 

It has been clear that the parent birds were carrying food to the nest box, so the eggs must have hatched.  Today I could hear the cheeping when a parent arrived.  I hope they are  not feeding a cowbird!  Anyway, mid afternoon, I sat on the front patio and took pictures of what the parents were bringing.  One beak-full was clearly a spider.

Just as I was about to leave for an evening meeting, a goose family came up the back yard headed toward the pool.  I got a couple of pictures before K evicted them.  Sunset was red with streaky clouds and the moon rose behind wisps of mist.


No comments:

Post a Comment