Saturday, April 15, 2017

Warm

The cardinals were billing and cooing at breakfast.  I have not seen any other cardinals around for a while, so apparently this pair evicted them.  The white throats were still here.  An abundance of crows carried on all day.  A male yellow rumped warbler had almost completed its change to summer plumage.  I never saw one do that before. 

Wood hyacinths were blooming while the rosemary was winding down.  But the surprise was the blue eyed grass which I thought bloomed much later.  The rue had yellow buds and the Mexican sage was starting to bloom.. 

I glimpsed a skink.  A black swallowtail and a pearl crescent butterfly both got away from me.  A feather stuck to the birdbath waved in the wind and fooled me into thinking it was alive.  A yellow jacket and a paper wasp both hunted a place for a nest, preferably not my pant leg.  A bee fly perched nearby. 

An osprey flew over.  A pair of geese tried to move in to our yard, but met me.  There was some dampness in the morning but the sky cleared as the day went on.  The wind got stronger as well.  I saw a very strange cloud in the late afternoon.  The sky grew hazy toward sunset. 



No comments:

Post a Comment