Sunday, September 16, 2018

Back to normal

K put the plants and feeders back out and set the outdoor furniture back. Squirrels not only looted the pecans, they carried them right past us. I worked on clearing debris out of the pool and rescued several crickets and one leaf-footed bug.  I also caught two frogs and sent them away.  The Argiope caught another butterfly.  It was still trying to get loose from the web when I first saw it.  I got to see the spider make silk. 

Red spotted purples seemed to be everywhere.  Skinks reappeared.  A silver spotted skipper investigated a rose.  The tide was still very high, especially for the moon's first quarter, and the wind still gusty.  Blue jays made a lot of noise but I only saw one. 

A mockingbird tested the beauty berries.  I sat outside at twilight and saw a firefly.  Something fast but fluttery zigzagged through the air about 20 feet up.  I think and hope it was a bat.  Cicadas and crickets harmonized.  It was too cloudy for moon or stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment