Friday, September 7, 2018

Still hot

I saw a lot more than the camera did.  A blue jay got bark butter balls for breakfast.  There was a heron on the dock next door but the camera was at the other end of the house.  When I cleaned the skimmer, and anglewing katydid hopped out.  I tried to get it to step onto my finger but instead it flew away.  There was a dead frog in the deep end and the wind brought traces of the previously deceased.  A black and a tiger swallowtail flew by.  A few cicadas were still singing along with blue jays. Crows were everywhere.

A hummer perched overhead in the cherry.  A skink imitated the Loch Ness monster as it humped along the seam in the concrete.  Titmice came for seeds.  I couldn't find the argiope I glimpsed in the spartina but the one guarding the rue was handing quietly behind the zigzag.  Periwinkles were high and dry on the spartina which was in bloom.  A very successful mother cobweb spider in the window frame guarded four egg sacks, one of which was hatching. 


No comments:

Post a Comment