Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Fair weather

The windows were fogged at breakfast. Blue morning glories were entwined with the scarlet climber.  Fair weather puffs of cumulus cloud floated slowly past. 

By lunch time the butterflies were out.  What appeared from a distance  to be a black swallowtail was fascinated with the violet leaves.  A skink scuttled under the portulaca.  Hummers were busy feeding.  The argiope spider had its underside facing the patio this time.  I've not know one to switch sides of its web before. 

In the pool I rescued skinks and frogs.  I dislike swimming with wasps, even dead, like the floating yellow jacket that seemed to follow me around.   A tiger swallowtail was only a blur on camera.  I found a spot where I could see the lake through a gap in the foliage.  Turtles were out on a log.  The hackberry was loaded with berries. A green pondhawk landed near the steps.  Blue jays enjoyed bark butter balls when they got tired of dropping acorns.

At dusk in Norfolk, I paused to try to photograph the swallows.  I managed to catch several mosquitoes that worried me on the way home.   The sunset was quite colorful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment