Saturday, September 29, 2018

Cooler

More running around, but I finally got outside around 3pm.  The day was perfect for being outside but a bit cooler than optimal for swimming.  The Argiope had a fresh web in the same spot.  I startled it and it hid on a spent rose.  The cobweb spider's progeny had little threads over everything.  I found a sizable caterpillar on the rue.  The milkweed bug nymphs were bigger and the adults were flying around.  I saw a couple of very small butterflies, one yellow-brown and the other white or pale blue.  The only dragonfly I saw was in Norfolk.

While in the water I rescued a wasp, a beetle, a very small caterpillar, and then I saw something large swimming.  Moth or horsefly crossed my mind but when I fished it out and it refolded its wings I realized it was a huge leaf footed bug.  I got out to photograph it in case it left as quickly as the wasp.  The breeze felt chilly and I never went back in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment