Sunday, September 2, 2018

No rain!

A skink basked by the birdbath.  I spied a very tiny caterpillar on a milkweed pod.  The argiope switched sides on the web. The sky was that intense blue that borders on ultraviolet.  Cumulus popped up in the South but went nowhere. 


I spent a long time in the pool.  There were four live frogs and a very dead one in the skimmer. Also a big green June beetle with its wings out. And I saved two swimming skinks. one of which fell in right in front of me.  But the real treat was a cicada killer that somehow landed on its back in the deep end.  I gave it the far end of a stick to grab and swam for the camera.

I also saw a mockingbird on the ground foraging under the oak.  But I was in the deep end and I figured that if I went for the camera the bird would leave.  After I got out, a hummer perched right overhead.  And that's when the camera battery died.  It was on the same perch that I had photographed and accidentally deleted the other day.  I saw butterflies but hardly any dragonflies.  At least four blue jays sassed me and stole bark butter balls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment