Friday, June 14, 2019

Back in the water again

 A hummer came for breakfast.  It had something white on its forehead.  The ground cherry was blooming and so was the chaste tree.  Turtles queued up on one lake log leaving the other in the sole possession of one big turtle.  A flock of mostly well grown goslings fed down by the creek. 

I think I used this title last summer for much the same reason.  This time it was only a week.  I decided that having the camera by the edge was on thing too many, so I wasn't able to photograph a mama wolf spider, a scarab beetle, a Japanese beetle, a click beetle, a stink bug, a millipede, and a lovely male widow skimmer. 

It was a bit chilly when I got out, especially with the wind. A gorgeous Needham's skimmer stayed low on the perch.  A belated money plant popped its flowers up in the midst of the rue.  The others had drying seedpods.  A skink chased another along the retaining wall.  The moon was sharp and bright but I had trouble holding the camera steady. 


No comments:

Post a Comment