Thursday, June 13, 2019

Humid

There were showers in the early morning.  A gladiolus bloom popped out of the green.  The hummer made regular visits.  One osprey chased another that had encroached on a prime perch in the neighbor's pine.  By lunch the clouds were broken and streaming into the Northeast.  I caught the blue jay close up. 

I glimpsed some butterflies including a tiger swallowtail, a cabbage white, and something orange, but only one dragonfly and it was being harassed by a wasp. Little black bees with pollen saddlebags were back at the lavender.  A black and metallic green paper wasp slurped up wood from the step wall.  The bronze and yellow Polistes just drank rue nectar.  I found a venusta orchard spider next to the gutter drainpipe. 

A skink appeared near my foot and froze so I got some pictures.  Only two turtles were visible today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment