Monday, June 17, 2019

Hot

Morning went by in a big hurry.  But coming home up Princess Anne, by TCC I saw at least a half dozen vultures sitting in a circle with one more outside the group.  It certainly looked like they were holding a funeral for the dearly departed, which I could not see.   But I had no camera. 

At home, I could see a couple of turtles on the lake.  Dragonflies were everywhere.  A pristine male widow skimmer hung around the patio.  A Halloween pennant flew from the top of the pine, despite wind gusts..  Blue dashers perched on any old spot and obelisked in the heat.  I saw quite a few young caterpillars on the bolted parsley.  The giant swallowtail's offspring have yet to appear on the rue.  I did see a few young black swallowtail caterpillars on the rue back in the spring, but none now despite frequent egging visits.  One was at it today. 

There were Japanese beetles in the water again.  I saved another mama spider.  The clouds got thicker and frequently blocked the sun.  The little black bee with the big pollen sacks was back at the lavender.  Blueberries were plump and so close to ripe that it was hard not to pick them. In the evening bands of rain passed through.  In between, a couple of titmice visited the seeds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment