Friday, June 28, 2019

Brief thunderstorm

I picked blueberries in the morning, intending to swim afterward.  But a lovely lunch intervened and I didn't get into the water till all the shade was gone.  But clouds  brought relief until they brought a pop up afternoon thunderstorm that barely wetted the ground.

Dragonflies were mostly perched.  Bees and wasps were busy.  The great golden digger wasp was back.  Threadwaisted wasps were mating, and flying at the same time!  I rescued a sidewalk tiger beetle but I was too late for a skink.  A tiger swallowtail flitted through the cherry.  The mountain mint was beginning to get customers. 

A Carolina wren shared its opinion.  A hummer came for a drink.  I thought I heard a flycatcher whistle but I couldn't be sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment