Friday, December 4, 2020

Showers

I missed the early birds because I was dodging rain showers on a cross-town errand.  Coming back, I could see the edge of the cloud with ragged wisps of dark gray trailing down.  When I got home, the blasted feral cat was hunting in our back yard.  It tried to catch a woodpecker but the bird saw it coming.  

It left and soon birds were everywhere. Juncos scurried around on the ground and one tried to eat at the feeder but was pushed away by a house finch.  When the finch left a red breasted nuthatch took a turn, then a titmouse.  A blue jay came for bark butter balls.  

Toward the end of my meeting I could see reflected in the screen the distracting antics of a squirrel seeking hackberries. The berries were at the ends of very thin, whippy twigs that gave the squirrel an exciting ride.  

The day warmed up and a turtle came out to catch some rays.  I caught a glimpse of a pelican.  Pine warblers got some suet when the woodpeckers were digesting theirs.  Another storm blew through after dark.  



No comments:

Post a Comment