Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Sunshine

Between one thing and another, I missed most of the morning.  I did see pelicans, migrant ducks, and I think a kingfisher fly past.  The ducks looked small and white, and fast, so I couldn't be sure if they were buffleheads or hoodies.  Clouds cleared and returned and finely went away leaving an intensely blue sky.  A great blue heron chilled on the neighbors' dock.  Mallards skimmed storm debris from the creek. 

When I got outside, the temperature had risen into the 50s, but the wind was cold and the shadows were long.  I spotted a junco up in the wild cherry. You know where the downy woodpecker was.  Warblers were delighted with the fresh block of suet K installed.  A different white throated sparrow explored the mulch.  Four juncos joined it.  Carolina wrens went everywhere.  

I hoped to catch sight of the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction, but I couldn't find a clear sight line.  I did enjoy the sunset and the first quarter moon.  





No comments:

Post a Comment