Monday, August 23, 2021

Sunny all day

I didn't see anything of note till I got out of the water.  Then I startled a couple of skinks, one big, one small.  The small one darted into a hole then popped back out and frantically sought a different hole.  I guess the first one was occupied.  The big skink froze for a moment, then slipped into a crack.  A few minutes later, a small bluetailed skink sauntered across the patio. 

While waiting for yet another meeting to start, I looked out the window and saw a yellow crowned night heron hunting crabs at the water's edge.  Unfortunately a boat came by and the heron decided to relocate.  I got a glimpse through the foliage of turtles sunning on logs on the lake.  

Since the sun was still out in the afternoon I was able to get pictures of the web outside my West window.  The venusta orchard spider was active and its orange butt was unmistakable.  


No comments:

Post a Comment