Saturday, August 7, 2021

Rain

A Carolina wren used the suet as shelter as well as brunch.  I picked my five pimentos and need to decide what to do with them.  The male pine warbler showed up quite frequently.  So did a brown headed nuthatch.  The suet cage was crowded!  

During a lull, I checked on the Argionpe.  It was pumping the web like a child on a swing, possibly to shake the water off.  While I was watching the spider, a blue jay landed on the suet and called me names for being too close.  I also noticed a glass snail, on a leaf for a change. 

A molting brown thrasher struggled to get its remaining feathers in order.  A black swallowtail fluttered around the rue.  Wasps joined the bees on the mountain mint, working through the rain.  During a lull, I went swimming and rescued a spider with a load of spiderlings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment