Sunday, August 8, 2021

The sun came back

The sky cleared around mid day.   At lunch K noticed a very small skink. The bees and wasps came back to the mountain mint.  An odd, yellow and black beetle joined them.  At first I thought it was some kind of soldier beetle, but my best guess is that it was an elderberry borer Desmocerus palliatusBut I couldn't see the long antennae that is supposed to have.  The Horse guard wasp was back. 

 A mockingbird scouted the suet but changed its mind.  Bluebirds took over as the fledglings joined their mother on the suet.  A blue jay poked the knothole on the dead oak limb. 

Things that got away without a picture: a swallow flew right over me,  A brown thrasher went to the feeder while I was on the water.  A monarch butterfly grabbed a drink of mountain mint, but didn't pay any attention to the butterfly milkweed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment