Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Cool

Although sunny, the temperature was back down in the 70s.  I think the breeze was from the North.  Honeybees were drinking up the sticky rue nectar.  I wonder how that honey will taste?  A few wasps were also attracted to the rue, but they were more choosy than honeybees about the flowers.  A little sweat bee prowled around the roses. 

After I put out mealworms with barkbutter balls on top, bluebirds and blue jays flocked to the feeder dishes.  The female bluebird got the upper dish this time.  A Carolina wren cleaned up what dropped on the ground. 

I gave the hibiscus sprouts a good soaking of neem oil.  Peering through the construction mess across the creek, I was able to make out one turtle in the lake.  The feral cat sat at the far end of the pool as though watching the construction.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment