Monday, May 16, 2022

Lunar eclipse

The eclipse began yesterday and that's when I took the photos but it extended well past midnight.  The moon was redder than I expected, but I could not get the camera to resolve surface features.  The light just wasn't strong enough.  I am thankful that the clouds waited and let me see a blood moon eclipse.  

The morning got really hot and fairly sticky.  Our thermometer read 90°.   That made me determined to get into the pool.  But then a ferocious storm roared in with gusts I thought would uproot trees.  Hard rain pounded the pavement and the temperature dropped ten degrees.  It was all over in 45 minutes so back out I went.  The daylily did indeed bloom. 

The pool water was 68° which turned my feet red.  But I stayed in till something started biting me.  I rescued two ladybird beetles and a scarab.  Also a small wasp.  A pair of red bellied woodpeckers worried about visiting the suet while I was outside.  They gave up.  I heard a brown headed nuthatch squeak, but didn't see it.  Blue jays were back. 






No comments:

Post a Comment