Friday, May 6, 2022

Creepy-crawlies

A mockingbird was an early bird but the camera failed.  Bluebirds were not far behind.  The camera had no trouble focusing on birds' rear ends.  I missed a nuthatch, however.  A starling was frustrated by the plastic above the suet.  Morning was sunny and the creek was quiet except for the construction projects.  

At lunch time I saw a couple of skinks.  Afterward, I got outside for a short while but the construction noise and vibrations were too much for me.  Lots of wasps were hunting.  A female cardinal in the red cedar appeared to be hunting too.  Caterpillars?  

I saw too many hibiscus sawflies just waiting for shoots to push out of the ground.  One of the wasps turned out to be a jumping spider.  A tiny reddish long-legged fly loitered around the money plant.  And I found a ladybird beetle on the rue.  The afternoon clouded over, grew dark,  and finally the promised thunderstorms began to roll through accompanied by dire weather predictions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment