Sunday, May 29, 2022

Intense sunshine

Blue sky and low humidity three weeks from the solstice meant a lot of UV got through the atmosphere.  I took care to move in and out of shade.  Blue jays came for breakfast.  While I was in the pool, I saw a male bluebird feeding a fledgling, but the bird I photographed looked more like a house finch.  I guess I tracked the wrong bird.  A mockingbird visited at lunch. 

I rescued several spiders, beetles, sweat bees, and a small gilded moth from drowning.  I think the spiders were male wolf spiders. The black beetles were probably some species of Scarites ground beetle.  The scarab was bronze-flecked brown.  Several cabbage whites flitted around and one appeared to be egging nearly every plant.  Wasps were busy as always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment