Monday, May 23, 2022

Cold front

At breakfast, a bluebird gave me a dirty look so I refilled the dish feeders.  I put out hummer juice as well since it was so much cooler.  Then I spent the morning cooking.  After lunch, I dithered a while but finally decided to get in the water.  The air at 72° was cooler than the water at 78°.  Yesterday the water felt brisk, today warm.  The wind was still pushing clouds from West to East but a cold front went through last night.  

A dragonfly passed overhead while I was in the water.  I rescued (evicted) four spiders I suspect were male wolf spiders.  They were able to run on the surface of the water which makes me nervous.   I saw a honeybee on the rue again.  

Blue jays and bluebirds feasted on the barkbutter balls.  A Carolina wren scurried around on the ground.  The female cardinal took over the seed feeder leaving the male to scrounge on the ground.  What a change from winter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment