Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Still hot

Another hot day - the pool water warmed three degrees and the humidity dropped to the lowest I've ever seen, 28%.  The bluebirds were sad over their weathered barkbutter.  I discovered that sunflower seeds in the feeder had germinated!   Honebees feasted on the rue.  So did a yellow jacket.  And a cabbage white.  And a soldier beetle. 

I found a tiny spider hard at work building a web.  I rescued a ladybird, a scarab, a couple of ground beetles a tiny green wasp, a bumblebee, and a couple of black waspy bugs that were clinging to each other.  They might have been flies.  They did not look friendly and I doubt they'll be grateful.  I suspect the ladybird and the scarab were dead, but I've been surprised at reviving insects before.  

Andy had a good roll in the violets.  


No comments:

Post a Comment