Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Green heron

A Carolina wren popped up at breakfast.   The canna put out a fresh flower spike.  Two squirrels streaked across the gap between the redwood and the hickory. 

I spent the day in virtual meetings and didn't get outside till after 5pm. Two baby skinks were in the water, one alive, one not.  I also rescued another mama wolf spider.  The mosquitoes were still hungry.  I looked for the hornworm caterpillars with no luck, though I did find a spider web trap.  Instead, I spotted a little green heron on the dock bench.  On my way back, I found another Argiope garden spider.  

At supper, an adult and a fledgling bluebird visited.  A hummer turned up its beak at the juice so I'll put out fresh tomorrow.  A Carolina wren bustled around under the feeders.  


No comments:

Post a Comment