Saturday, August 19, 2023

Lovely day

Bright sun, low 80s, breezy - perfect weather!  I was online in the morning but got outside in the afternoon.  There were lots of butterflies, a sulphur, tiger and black swallowtails, something orange I think was a fritillary, and an orange skipper I think might be a dion skipper. Euphyes dion.  A female common whitetail dragonfly hunted low to the ground.  A cicada killer prowled the dogwood.  A dead skink floated in the pool, as did a live green frog.  A live skink rushed across the patio.  I also found a drowned centipede. 

Blue jays were so silly I'm convinced they were fledglings. They were very curious about the inside of the house.  A Carolina wren, a female goldfinch, and a mockingbird visited.  The molting mockingbird looked like a zombie.  A fledgling bluebird wanted barkbutter balls.  Through a window screen I saw a hummer feeding. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment