Sunday, August 13, 2023

Too hot

A Carolina wren wanted an early breakfast.  It found some grapes I had discarded.  It didn't seem pleased.  I missed a shot at a hummer.  Fluffy cumulus clouds gave some relief from the hot sun.  I picked figs again but didn't take the camera.  The Argiope spider was gone an so were a lot of the fig eaters.  Hornets were still around.  While I was swimming, a blue dasher kept a lookout for mosquitoes.  The only skink I saw had drowned. 

The butterfly milkweed started blooming again.  I saw a female common whitetail but failed to get a picture.  A tiger swallowtail got away too.  A duskywing skipper fed on the mountain mint for hours.  I sprayed the rosemary with neem oil because something was making webs in it.  

The thermometer showed 99° and it felt like it.  Tiny insects danced on thermals from the pavement.  I could only see them in sunlight and the camera caught them as featureless dots.  The juvenile cardinal came back for sunflower seeds.  


No comments:

Post a Comment