Monday, August 14, 2023

Rain

Since Sunday's thunderstorm never happened, I picked more figs.  I did not find the missing spider, though the other Argiope by the bench was still present with a web full of noseeums. Nothing more interesting than crickets had fallen into the pool.  Well,except for the yellow ladybug with no spots which I think is an Asian species, Illeis koebelei, imported as a biological control.  

As I was dripping dry, a sulphur butterfly flew over the house.  When I looked closely,  it appeared that the tiny flowers on the mountain mint were getting scarce.  A skink slipped past the watering can.  The thunderstorm arrived around 6:30pm and made the dog anxious.  It probably put an end to fig picking.  Sunset gave the clouds a colorful rim. 


No comments:

Post a Comment