Friday, August 11, 2023

Low angle light

At breakfast, tree trunks cast slanting shadows across the azaleas.  A juvenile male house finch (I think) perched near and adult male - father and son?  A juvenile bluebird surveyed the empty dish that should have held mealworms.  A white breasted nuthatch was determined to get to the sunflower seeds despite finches.cardinals, chickadees, and titmice.  A Carolina wren looked for seeds that might have fallen. Eventually the wren joined the nuthatch in the queue at the feeder.  

I startled a little skink that vanished into a pavement divider.  The only dragonfly I saw was a blue dasher.  A duskywing probed the daisies and I barely glimpsed a tiger swallowtail.  A great golden digger fussed around the mountain mint.  I saw a hummer chase another, but they were too fast.  Blue jays and a mockingbird were slower in their food raids.  The setting sun lit tree trunks and made forest magic.  


No comments:

Post a Comment