Saturday, August 26, 2023

Hibiscus flower!

Despite the depredations of sawflies and Japanese beetles, the hibiscus began blooming again.  A white breasted nuthatch was up early but still had a frustrating time getting seeds because of the cardinals and finches.  Carolina wrens scraped up the dust at the bottom of the mealworm dish.  The goldfinch pair didn't find anything they wanted.  Hummers were pleased with a fresh feeder.  I think I counted three of them.  The mockingbird looked less ragged today, but still molting.  Blue jays showed up after I refilled the feeder dishes.  I glimpsed a green heron fly across the creek and a sulphur and a tiger swallowtail flit through the trees.  A stubborn green frog kept getting back in the pool after I caught it three times!


No comments:

Post a Comment