Saturday, May 24, 2014

Another sunny day

A male cardinal was waiting for the Sunflower Cafe to open.  He took his seed down to eat on the patio where the feeder's shadow fell.  Chickadees arrived shortly thereafter.  It was windy all day.  Occasional wispy clouds came flying down out of the Northwest but otherwise the sky was again crystal blue. 

In the afternoon. the wrens sang.  I fished some beetles out of the pool.  A little green heron flew upstream while we wer in the pool.  I heard the q-r-r-r and hammer of a woodpecker, also a single sharp note, and some other bird calls I couldn't identify since I couldn't see the singers.

I notice there's a lot of white clover blooming in yards this year - I hope that means there are plenty of honeybees.  A few clouds at dusk tinted peach and rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment